A heating contractor will be able to help you this fall by ensuring you have a highly-efficient heating system in your home. Think about it, if you handled the buying process all by yourself without any professional guidance, you may wind up with a system providing more headaches than anything else. Even if it does prove to work well, you may discover it proves to be a real detriment to your home’s level of efficiency. It may provide high-quality heat using tons of energy, making for a rude awakening once you get your next utility bill. There are other dangers associated with purchasing the wrong system as well. You may also not have enough heat to keep your entire family comfortable, making this upcoming winter one of the most uncomfortable you have ever experienced. In addition to no heat, there are huge safety risks, like the potential for home heating fires and carbon monoxide exposure. If you want to avoid these troubles, it’s always better to leave it to the pros.
Why Call Joseph Gianonne for Heating Service?
The next time you are looking for a high-efficiency heating system, please call Joseph Giannone Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for service. Rest assured that a heating contractor will be here, always ready to help you. Thanks to our personable customer service, your heating needs this fall are the top priority. Our contractors consult with you and listen to your every word to ensure you are getting the heating system proving the perfect match for your home. With just a single phone call our way, you can expect a system in your home providing remarkable efficiency and a reduced carbon footprint. We can even help you with heating replacement, ensuring we switch the old with the new as soon as possible. If you’ve got a heating problem, you can rely on us to find a solution!
What Does Our Heating Contractor Recommend?
With so many different heating systems on the market, you may feel like you are getting pulled in various directions all at once. One of the most important things you can do during the buying process is taking installation into serious consideration before you spend any money. If you want to make sure you get a high-efficiency system, here are 6 tips from our heating contractor on how to make it possible:
- Consider Safety: Like they always say, safety first. The risk of home heating fires heightens during the fall and winter due to a homeowner’s greater reliability on a heating system, leaving room open for some unsafe heating practices. You need to first consider how a system will be able to keep you safe, especially in terms of its overall durability. A system saving you money both on energy and heating repair is a slam dunk choice.
- Energy Efficiency Rating: If you want more concrete facts on the system’s overall level of efficiency, please look at its Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating. This rating measures how effectively your heating system utilizes fuel. The higher the AFUE rating, the better your chances of saving money on energy costs. Many gas furnaces on the market today, for example, have an AFUE rating up to 98.5%.
- Fueling Options: Speaking of fueling options, you generally have the choice of these 3 options—gas, oil, and electricity. Natural gas is the most efficient of these options, but they do require a utility hookup and may put you at risk for a gas leak. Oil needs to be proved by a local supplier and will require monitoring to ensure the oil tank doesn’t become depleted. Electricity is much a safer and longer-lasting option than gas, but will not have the same efficiency benefits Choose the fueling option more in line with your heating needs.
- Consider Heating System Size: An improperly sized system can lead to troubles all their own, including frequent system breakdowns. Thankfully, one of our heating contractors will know to inspect the home before any installation is conducted to ensure you are getting a system that can fit in your home.
- Research Brands: You wouldn’t just install a heating system without any consideration to the brand name. Or at least definitely not in 2016, when you can readily find customer product reviews on the Internet. Fortunately, heating system quality is at an all-time high thanks to the top brands in the country producing efficient and durable heating systems. If we could narrow it down to the top 3, we’d say the most trustworthy brands are Carrier, Goodman, and Lennox. Carrier have a higher upfront installation cost, but can last much longer than other brands and are known for their strict quality control. Goodman excels at providing reliable warranties and products balancing cost-efficiency with quality. Lennox offers some of the most efficient heating systems around, some of which featuring an AFUE rating of 98% both gas-run heating appliances and heat pumps.
- Consider System Cost: When home heating already takes up nearly half of the average home’s energy budget, you can’t risk buying a system costing you so much more on installation and heating maintenance. However, this does not mean you should buy a cost-efficient system, as it may not deliver quality performance. Even if you have to pay a few hundred dollars more for a system, it may save you much more on energy costs down the line.
Don’t Forget To Schedule Your Heating Maintenance Today To Ensure Your Home Is Warm, Comfortable And Safe This Fall
Contact Joseph Giannone Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today if you want high-quality service from an excellent heating contractor!