Five ways we can reduce anxiety while you’re traveling away from your Philly home
While summer vacation time may be winding down, you may soon be hitting the road for holiday visits or even a quick weekend getaway. Sometimes a vacation can be as stressful as the job and life you are trying to leave behind for a little while. Almost nothing is worse than the nagging thoughts like “Did we lock the doors?” or “What if we have a plumbing leak?” Giannone can relieve some of that worry through our cutting-edge smart home products that allow our customers to control temperature, door locks and more while relaxing on the beach.
Here are a few examples of our smart home features that allow you to breathe a little easier when you leave your Philadelphia home for some deserved rest and recuperation.
- Smart thermostats: These thermostats offer more precise time and temperature settings than programmable thermostats and can be controlled via tablet, laptop or smart phone. This allows you to adjust temperatures as needed if you are monitoring the weather and temperature back home. The energy savings can be substantial.
- Energy monitoring: We can establish links to apps that allow you to monitor your home’s energy consumption. This gives you a snapshot of how much electricity your home is using so you can make necessary adjustments while on the road.
- Lighting controls: There are apps that allow you to control the lighting in your home to discourage burglars from taking advantage of an empty house. This basically makes it appear that someone is in the home. Dimmers and energy monitoring apps can be used to limit the impact on your electrical bill.
- Leak detectors: We can help you link to apps that will alert you if a moisture detector goes off near a valve or pipe. You can then automatically shut off the water supply and contact us, for example, for water heater service in your Philadelphia home.
- Door lock controls: If your Philadelphia home has a water leak or other critical situation, you can unlock your doors to allow our technicians access via a remote app.
Technology can be complicated and occasionally stressful, but Giannone can use it to help you achieve peace of mind. Contact us today for more information on how our smart home features can give you peace of mind when you are on vacation. You deserve it.