The heating experts at Giannone can help you make the call
It’s a decision that’s hard to make. Is it time to replace your furnace, heat pump or other heating system?
Don’t let dollar signs cloud your vision and judgment. A faulty heat source can be unsafe, increase your utility bills, lower your property value and leave your family shivering in the cold Philadelphia weather.
We understand it’s a big decision, but our experts can help you make the right, most honest and economical call: Is it finally time to replace your furnace?
Here are some things to consider:
- Would your utility costs decline? Some older furnaces are only 60 percent efficient. Some new furnaces or heat pumps can exceed 85 percent efficiency. Heating and cooling costs can account for almost half of a utility bill. An energy-efficient furnace can pay for itself over time, especially when possible local, state or federal energy-efficiency rebates may be available.
- Is your heater unsafe? Older furnaces may have heat-exchanger, flue or gas connection issues that could expose occupants of your home to dangerous carbon monoxide or leaking gas. Our expert maintenance checkup can help determine whether your heat source might pose an imminent danger.
- How old is your furnace? Most units have a lifespan of about 20 years. As noted above, older furnaces are much less energy-efficient than their modern counterparts. Failure to replace your heat source is just postponing the inevitable, especially if you plan to put your home on the market. Faulty heat sources lower your home value and make it more difficult for potential buyers to secure a mortgage.
- How often are repairs needed? We offer economical and honest repair services that are satisfaction-guaranteed, but like an automobile, in the long run it may be cheaper to replace your clunky furnace with a more efficient, modern model. We can help you choose the right furnace to suit your needs for years to come. And you won’t see a repairman so often.
- Does your heater keep you warm? Are there pockets of cold air in your home during winter? Do you limit the use of your furnace because it is so expensive to run? Philadelphia winters can be harsh; you and your family deserve to be warm and comfortable until spring returns to the city and you start thinking about trips to the Shore.
Contact the heating experts at Giannone today or call 215-375-7134 for a furnace-replacement consultation for your Philadelphia home. When you are looking at a fresh snowfall from a warm and comfortable living room – and paying substantially lower utility bills – you’ll be glad you did.